My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wallace and Gromit on Royal Mail's stamps


This year's British Christmas stamps feature children's favourites Wallace and Gromit.

The animated characters going about their festive duties are featured on seven different stamps but those wanting a religious theme have only one choice, the image of the Madonna and Child that has been on sale for the past three years. Last year, Royal Mail offered five religious designs, based on nativity scenes from stained-glass windows of different churches.

"I like Wallace and Gromit, it's good entertainment, but let's have a balance," said the Rev Hugh Hoskins, team rector for St Mary's Church in Upavon, Wiltshire.

A Royal Mail spokeswoman answered, "We have distributed tens of millions of the Madonna and Child stamps to go on sale alongside the Wallace and Gromit stamps."

No comments:

Post a Comment