My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thailand: One of the rarest Thai Banknote

Series 1 Overprinted 50 Tical BanknoteOn 25th September 2010, the Bank of Thailand (BOT) had organised Thai Banknote Expo, a two day event to let public know more about history of Thai banknotes, identification of counterfeits, taking care of banknotes, etc. Extremely rare banknotes right from the 1st series to unissued varieties were on display following the theme "Best of Thai Banknotes". One such banknote was the Series 1 50 Tical overprinted note which is considered to be the rarest of all overprinted Thai banknotes. Uniface Series 1 banknotes were printed in England by Thomas de la Rue. At the end of World War I, banknotes could not be delivered to Siam and in 1918 (B.E. 2461), unissued 1 Tical banknotes were overprinted and issued as 50 Ticals.

No comments:

Post a Comment