My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Spiders on new stamps by Papua New Guinea

Post PNG Ltd is pleased to amuse its collectors with this remarkable issue featuring spiders.

The following spiders are mostly found in Lufa district in the Eastern Highlands Province and are also common in tropical forest and grassland region throughout PNG.

The spiders featured on the stamps are:

Nephila Philipes (Family Nephilidae)
Argiope Aemula (Family Araneidae)
Gasteracantha (Family Araneidae)
Cyrtophora Mollucensis (Family Araneidae)
Leugauge Celebesiana (Family Araneidae)
Holconia (Family Sparassidae)
Ocrisiona (Family Salticidae)

No comments:

Post a Comment