My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Year 2011 postage stamps from Thailand

On the 15 of November the Thai Post issued a series of four stamps celebrating the coming New Year. The stamps feature fireworks.

Fire crackers and fireworks are symbols of important events. They are able to add color as well as joy and fun to the celebratory ambience. It is believed that the Chinese created fireworks before they were taken to other countries. They were then modified to be used as gunpowder. Displays of fireworks have been developed to create more exciting effects for entertainment purposes and for contests.

No comments:

Post a Comment