My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

'UPAEP - national symbols' - stamp by Uruguay


Uruguay has issued a postage stamp based on the theme of national symbols, the topic for this year's UPAEP series.

The stamp depicts the Uruguay flag and the national emblem.

The Postal Union of the Americas, Spain and Portugal (UPAEP), based in Montevideo, Uruguay, is an association of postal authorities of following countries: Netherlands Antilles, Argentina, Aruba, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, USA, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Dominican Republic, Surinam, Uruguay, Venezuela.

It was founded in 1911 as a restricted union of the Universal Postal Union.

Since 1989, the UPAEP member countries are issuing sets of stamps based on a common theme, which always included the logo of the organization.

1 comment:

  1. It’s nice to view such a blog which is based on our national Interest. I have also created a blog based on Symbols of National Representation of Pakistan in which I have discussed our National Symbols in detail so that we can be familiar with our true legacy. It will give me pleasure if you people visit it too and will leave some comments for me so I can improve it.

    Here it is
    http://doweknowourmotherland.blogspot.com/

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete