On December 22, 1910, two suburbs of the town of Dubrovnik, Gruz and Pile, were connected by an electric streetcar. This traffic solution was made possible nine years previous, when the first power plant in Dubrovnik became operational. The streetcar operated until 1970, when the line was discontinued due to a traffic accident. The streetcar, which was the first and only streetcar to operate in Dalmatia, is today displayed in the Technical Museum in Zagreb.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Streetcar in Dubrovnik - Croatian Post's new stamp block
Croatian Post has issued a new postage stamp block entitled "Streetcar in Dubrovnik". It was designed by Robert Rebernak, while the author of the photograph is Zdravko Juric. The block has a face value of HRK 15.00 and was printed in 30,000 copies.