My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Rose – Austria


Austria post issued a commemorative stamp showing a simple rose, painted by the famous stamp artist Mag.

Brigitte Heiden. The delicate image of perfumed beauty is a virtuoso and aesthetic reduction of the topic of “flowers”.

The rose has always been the symbol of love, joy and the freshness of youth. In antiquity, it was dedicated to Aphrodite, Eros, Dionysos, Isis and Flora, whilst for the Germanic tribes it was the flower of Freya.

Title: Rose – Austria
Date of Issue: 3 September 2010
Country: Austria
Denominations: 0,55 EUR

No comments:

Post a Comment