My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Butterfly stamp from France

The French Post has issued a stamp depicting a Blue Morpho butterfly.

A Morpho butterfly may be one of over 80 species of the genus Morpho. They are Neotropical butterflies found mostly in South America as well as Mexico and Central America.

The name Morpho, meaning changed or modified, is also an epithet of Aphrodite and Venus.

Many Morpho butterflies are colored in metallic, shimmering shades of blue and green. These colors are not a result of pigmentation but are an example of iridescence.

No comments:

Post a Comment