My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

UPU Souvenir Sheet (October 9, 1971)

First ever souvenir sheet issued in Pakistan commemorating UPU Day on 9th October.The sheet; 138x130mm depicted two stamps issued in 1970 commemorating New UPU Headquarters,were reproduced in vertical setting at left of the sheet and large emblem of the UPU at right.Name of the country is placedin a wreath at top and an inscription was placed at bottom reading \"U.P.U. DAY 9th OCT., 1971\", face value was not mentioned. Because of the short supply, the souvenir sheet was sold out on issuing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment