My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Conquest Of K-2 December 25, 1954.

The second highest mountain in the world K-2 was first scaled by Italian and Pakistani mountaineers on July 31, 1954.
The peak is 28,250 feet high and also known as Godwin Austen. The name 'K-2' is derived from Karakoram 'K' and '2' for being the second highest in the world.
A beautiful stamp was introduced on December 25,1954 to commemorate the event. Motif shows, of course, the majestic view of the mountain with inscription below it "CONQUEST OF K-2" in white panel. The date of adventure (1954) is printed in Urdu and English at upper corners. Denomination 2 anna and 'Pakistan Postage' are printed in a panel at bottom.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have a booklet of 12x6p and 12x1½a with a Alladin batteries add on the back cover. Can you tell me more about this booklet ? Thank you

    ReplyDelete