My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Overprint Pakistan 1947. (Provisional)

At the time of partition of the Indian sub-continent, India agreed to Pakistan\'s request to supply postage stamps and postal stationery dully overprinted PAKISTAN on Indian stamps of King George VI. Stocks of stamps in Treasuries under Pakistan jurisdiction were sent to Nasik Security Press, and after receiving overprint, the stamps were brought into use from October 1, 1947.
Rupee values were in vertical shape with effigy of the King in an oval surrounded by decorated frame. The colour of the frame is give first in salient features.
The overprint was applied across the stamp in black, in lower anna values it is 13mm and on l4a and rupee values it is 19mm in length.

3 comments:

  1. I accidently bump into your blog and found it extremely informative. I collected stamps long time back and have a good collection of some 10,000 stamps. I am sharing these stamps in my blog at:
    http://myphilatelicworld.blogspot.com
    Hope you would find it iteresting too. as for the above stamps of 1947,I have a few at:
    http://myphilatelicworld.blogspot.com/search/label/Pakistan
    I hope to visit your site too often to straighten out my stamps in some order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have many such stamps in my collection too. please inform where i can get my stamps evaluated in lahore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete