My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Republic Day Commemoration March 23, 1956. (1956-1)


To commemorate the inauguration of Republic Day of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a postage stamp was released on March 23,1956. This is in bottle green colour and illustrates, at center, the Constituent Assembly Building, Karachi. On side panels Jute plant appears at right and Wheat at left. The caption and date is printed at top and bold 'REPUBLIC DAY' below the building. Denomination 2-anna is shown on sides in English at left and in Urdu at right.
The stamps were withdrawn from sale w.e.f. 22-2-1957.

No comments:

Post a Comment