My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Scouting

The U.S. Postal Service celebrates the adventure and spirit of scouting by issuing a stamp at the Boy Scout’s Jamboree at Fort A.P. Hill, VA.

To create this original design, illustrator Craig Frazier depicted the images of two different scouts in clothing and accessories that are often part of the outdoor scouting experience—hats, packs, boots, and binoculars. At first glance, one sees the large silhouette of a scout peering through binoculars. Within this figure is another scout perched atop a mountain taking in the vista. “I wanted a level of discovery to be portrayed in the stamp itself,” Frazier recalls.

Title: Scouting
Date of Issue: 27 July 2010
Country: USA
Denominations: 44c

No comments:

Post a Comment