My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mendel Railway

The Mendel (Mendola) Railway was once not only the first electric funicular railway in Austria, it was also the steepest of its kind in continental Europe and the longest in the world.

The Mendel Railway runs from St. Anton (Kaltern in South Tyrol) up to the Mendel Pass (in Italian “Passo della Mendola”; a mountain Pass southwest of Bozen/Bolzano, the lowest point of the Mendel Ridge that runs parallel to the Etsch/Adige Valley, between the Penegal (1737 m) to the north.

Title: Mendel Railway
Date of Issue: 8 May 2010
Country: Austria
Denominations: 0.65 EUR

No comments:

Post a Comment