My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Centenary of the Accession of George V


George V was King of the United Kingdom and the British Dominions, and Emperor of India, from 1910 until his death in 1936. He was the first British monarch of the House of Windsor.

Although he occasionally toured the British Empire, George preferred to stay at home with his stamp collection and lived, what later biographers would consider, a dull life because of its conventionality.

King George V and Queen Mary visited the Isle of Man in 1920.

Title: Centenary of the Accession of George V
Date of Issue: 6 May 2010
Country: Isle of Man
Denominations: 55p, 60p, 67p, 96p, 97p, £1.10

No comments:

Post a Comment