My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Monday, May 17, 2010

350 Years of Maria Taferl

The village of Maria Taferl is located in the Lower Austrian Nibelungengau on a hill above the Danube and is, alongside Mariazell, doubtlessly the most famous place of pilgrimage in Austria. The market at Maria Taferl is on the Taferlberg, while the other parts of the village are distributed around the surrounding uplands. The huge baroque pilgrimage church is visible from far around, and it is a painting of this church by the Lower Austrian painter Franz Knapp (1916 – 2007).

Title: 350 Years of Maria Taferl
Date of Issue: 16 May 2010
Country: Austria
Denominations: 0.55 EUR

No comments:

Post a Comment