My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Circus postage stamp from Geneva

In 2010, Geneva will be a world circus capital. The city with its hallmark "jet d'eau" fountain is hosting "World Circus Geneva 2010" with its wealth of cultural happenings, all revolving around the circus.

Swiss Post is delighted to join in this circus event and is issuing a new special stamp with a "circus look."

The stamp, with a face value of CHF 1.40, shows a circus from an unusual angle: it presents a worm's eye view, with the tip of the big top resembling a clown's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment