My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Submarine Reserve of Larvotto

A protected zone, arranged on the east coast of the Principality, the submarine reserve of Larvotto extends over 14 hectares and reaches a maximum depth of 40 metres. Fishing, mooring and the circulation of motorboats are prohibited there. The stamp illustrates a Pinna nobilis, a vulnerable and protected species, broadly present in the reserve. Living in the Posidonia meadows, this large mother of pearl is an excellent natural indicator of the quality of the water.

Title: Submarine Reserve of Larvotto
Date of Issue: 29 April 2010
Country: Monaco
Denominations: 0,02€

No comments:

Post a Comment