My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Protected species Tiare apetahi

Tiare Apetahi, emblem of the island of Raiatea, a rare and delicate flower, which petals form the fingers of the legend of its appearance. This endemic and indigenous flower only blooms on the te mehani avaeari’i and ura mountains. Endangered, it must be preserved from flower picking, development of invading plants, rats destroying the plants and pigs destroying its environment. Associations are currently trying to preserve this precious element of the Polynesian natural heritage.

Title: Protected species Tiare apetahi
Date of Issue: 20 April 2010
Country: Tahiti
Denominations: 70 F CFP

No comments:

Post a Comment