My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Petrels and Shearwaters on Stamps

The oceans which surround the Falkland Islands are particularly rich in petrels and shearwaters (Procellaridae) which are among the most successful of all the world's bird families. The word Procellaridae derives from the Latin word procella (violent wind) and idae (family). All 80 species in this family are adapted to fly in wind and tend to be more concentrated in the windier latitudes. This issue features the four largest Procellarids which are known to breed in the Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment