My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Friday, June 11, 2010

120th Anniversary of the Birth of Egon Schiele

Egon Schiele (1890 – 1918) is beyond doubt one of the most significant painters of what is known as the Viennese Modern. His expressionist paintings are renowned around the world and delight both the public and the art critics. The 120th anniversary of his birth is celebrated by the Austrian Post Office by means of a commemorative showing one of his most famous self-portraits from 1911.

Title: 120th Anniversary of the Birth of Egon Schiele
Date of Issue: 12 June 2010
Country: Austria
Denominations: 1.40 EUR

No comments:

Post a Comment