My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Russian stamp commemorates Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

The Russian Post has issued a stamp block dedicated to the XXII Winter Olympic Games which will be held in Sochi, Russian Federation from 7 to 23 February 2014. The block illustrates the logo of the XXII Winter Olympics on a background of snow-covered slopes of Krasnaya Polyana, as well as a stylized torch with ribbons, painted in Olympic colors.

Sochi won the right to host the Winter Games at the 119th IOC session in Guatemala in 2007 over Pyongyang (South Korea), Salzburg (Austria), Alma Ata (Kazakhstan), Borzhomi (Georgia), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Jaca (Spain).

No comments:

Post a Comment