My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Antonio Fogazzaro stamp from Italy


The Italian Post is issuing a stamp commemorating the centenary of death of the famous Italian novelist Antonio Fogazzaro. In his works one finds a constant conflict between sense of duty and passions, faith and reason. In some cases this brings the tormented soul of characters into mystic experiences. Arguably his masterpiece was Piccolo Mondo Antico (variously titled in English translations as The Patriot or as Little World of the Past).

Other popular novels of the writer are: Malombra (1881), Il misteto del poeta (The Poet Mystery, 1888), Il santo (The Saint, 1905), Leila (1910).

No comments:

Post a Comment