My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

World Fencing Championship stamps from France


France Post has issued a set of stamps commemorating the World Fencing Championship which is taking place in France (Paris) from 4 to 13 of November 2010.

Symbolical practice of the knights' age, fencing had developed through the centuries into a subtle, elegant and artistic battle sport.

Three arms of the fencing (rapier, foil and saber) and a wheelchair-bound fencer are illustrated on the two stamps of the set. The central image represents the stained-glass window of the Grand palace hosting the championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment