My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bahamas Hurricane Postage Stamps


The Bahamas Postal Service has issued a collection of four stamps, highlighting the importance of hurricane preparedness.

One of the stamps displays the logo of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA). The remaining three depict palm trees swaying in high winds; a hurricane map tracking the storm across The Bahamas; and a reconnaissance aircraft flying through a storm to measure its intensity.

The National Emergency Management Agency is the coordinating agency, which activates the Emergency Operations Centre when a disaster hits the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment