My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

U.N. Year of Biodiversity stamps

The United Nations Postal Administration (UNPA) is issuing two New York definitives on the theme "International Year of Biodiversity". These stamps will complete the set of six definitives on the topic, as two Geneva and two Vienna definitives were issued in April of this year on the same theme. A souvenir card will also be issued.

The United Nations declared 2010 to be the International Year of Biodiversity. The purpose of the International Year is to raise awareness of the importance of biodiversity and the consequence of its loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment