My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Birds of winter on new Christmas stamps by Iceland Post


These Christmas stamps have been designed with a graphic technique called copper edging. The design is based on the Advent wreath. The main theme is the circular form in the colours of winter, the circle also symbolizing the earth, its seasons and infinity.

On one stamp the circle is covered with snow crystals, on the other with snow flakes. Interwoven with the theme on both stamps are the Icelandic birds of winter, the snow bunting (Plectrophertax nivalis).

No comments:

Post a Comment