In December 1957, Mr. Sprawson left Pakistan on completion of his contract and Mr. G Stott, the deputy headmaster, took over as principal. In February he was transferred to Lower Topa as principal and Mr. Hugh Catchpole was appointed as principal of the Sargodha School. In 1967 the institution was raised to the intermediate level and renamed PAF College Sargodha. At this time Mr. Catchpole's tenure came to an end. He served as a highly dedicated principal and had been a great stabilizing factor for the institution. Mr. A Rahman Quraishi, who served the longest and most eventful sixteen years as principal, succeeded him.
In September 1973 Air Headquarters decided to change the status of the college and make it a part of the PAF Academy. The PAF soon realized the necessity of the role of nurseries PAF College Sargodha had been playing and in 1990 the Chief of Air Staff; Air Chief Marshal Hakimullah took the decision of reviving PAF College Sargodha. Since then the college has been functioning smoothly and performing its primary task of grooming young boys to join PAF.
Former Sargodhians had made a significant contribution during the two lndo-Pak wars. Four Srgodhians were decorated with Sitara-e-Jurat, two received Tamgha-e-Jurat while four made the supreme sacrifice of their lives in the defence of Pakistan.
The Institution has made a tremendous contribution by producing quality young men who have done well in all walks of life; be it the armed forces or the Civil Bureaucracy, Sargodhians have given an excellent account of themselves and taken up the mantle to face any challenge offered.
Date of Issue (October 10, 2003)