On 22 November 2010, the Central Bank of Suriname issued new 20- and 50-dollar (US$7.25 and $18.20, respectively) notes dated 1 september 2010 with the following improved security features:
- The notes now have a holographic strip at right front.
- An electrotype CBvS has been added to the watermark.
- The signature of the previous president of the Central Bank, Andre Telting, is no longer on the bottom but on top of the note, just below the serial number.
- The serial number itself is more up and moved more toward the center.
- The bank logo at upper right front has been added as a registration device.
- A color-shifting windowed security thread with demetalized SRD.
- A protective varnish to increase durability.
- The denomination numerals on the back are shaped differently.