My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Cuba issues stamp to mark 50 years of diplomatic ties with Russia

Cuba has issued a stamp to mark fifty years of diplomatic relations with Russia.

The new stamp features St. Basil's Cathedral and Cathedral of Havana.

Russia and Cuba started diplomatic cooperation in 1902. When Fulgencio Batista took office in 1933, the relations with Moscow were interrupted and were restored only after the 1959 revolution, when Fidel Castro became the leader of Cuba.

No comments:

Post a Comment