My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas stamp by Argentina

Argentina has issued a Christmas stamp illustrating the picture "Child of Bethlehem" by Aldo Severi.

Aldo Severi was born in La Boca (Buenos Aires) on 27 June 1928. After growing up he moved with his family in the city of Quilmes, Buenos Aires region.

Severi was a complete artist: he has been painter, draftsman, printmaker, illustrator, muralist, ceramicist and stained glass master. His paintings based on popular themes led to his worldwide recognition.

Throughout his prolific life Severi managed to achieve many awards and his works have been reproduced on stamps of Correo Argentino

No comments:

Post a Comment