My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

India releases stamp on Syed Mohammedali Shihab Thangal

On Monday, 2 August in Delhi Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh released a commemorative stamp on religious leader Janab Syed Mohammed Ali Shihab Thangal on his first death anniversary.

"I am very happy to release this stamp," said Singh.

"Janab Thangal was a great son of Kerala. He was an influential spiritual leader and a widely respected politician, leading the Kerala State Muslim League for more than three decades. As a political leader he contributed to the first successful experiment of coalition politics in India in the form of the Congress - IUML combine," the PM said.

No comments:

Post a Comment