My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Endemics of Anguilla on Stamps

The Anguilla Philatelic Bureau in conjunction with the Anguilla Stamp Advisory Committee (ASAC) is issuing a series of postage stamps featuring three of the island's endemic species.

These are: Anguilla Bush (Rondeletia anguillenis), Little Scrub Island Ground Lizard (Amevia corax) and the Sombrero Island Ground Lizard (Ameiva corvina).

The introduction of this stamp issue is intended to create a greater awareness of the need to conserve and protect all creatures, great and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment