My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Stamp to Mark Chernobyl Disaster 25th Anniversary


Belarus is issuing a stamp dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster.

The Chernobyl accident occurred on April 26, 1986 was the most severe technological disaster for Belarus by its consequences. Experts estimated that the most radioactive precipitation had fallen in Belarus. As a result 23 percent of its territory inhabited by about a quarter of the population was exposed to radioactive contamination. For comparison: in Russia - 1,5%, in Ukraine - 7%.

No comments:

Post a Comment