My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

'Regions of Belgium' series


This new set of stamps in 'Regions of Belgium' series illustrates the mining region of Campine. It became popular due to the exploitation of the Campine coal basin.

The sheetlet features a fan in Beringen, the market of Heusden-Zolder and a boring tower of Waterschei.

The stamps illustrate:

Miners' houses (Beringen)
Coal
Station + tower where the first piece of coal was found (As)
Landscape with a heap (Zolder)
Heap (Eisden)

The series was created by the designers Bart Van Leuven and Inge Van Damme.

No comments:

Post a Comment