My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

2011 Easter stamps from Serbia


The Serbian Post has issued two stamps dedicated to the Easter Feast.

For Orthodox Christians, Easter is the holiest day of the year. It marks Christ's resurrection from the dead and the end of 46 days of fasting with a sumptuous feast.

In Serbian Easter is called Vaskrs, a liturgical form inherited from the Serbian recension of Church Slavonic.

The Easter service in the orthodox church starts at 11 on Saturday night and ends at midnight with the priest chanting "Hristos Vaskrse" (he is risen) three times.

No comments:

Post a Comment