My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Giorgio Vasari stamp from Italy

The Italian Post has issued a stamp dedicated to Giorgio Vasari (30 July 1511 - 27 June 1574), famous Italian painter, writer, historian and architect, who is today known for his biographies of Italian artists, considered the ideological foundation of art-historical writing.

The stamp reproduces a part of the "St. Luke painting the Virgin" that Giorgio Vasari created around 1565 in the Chapel of the Painters of the Basilica of SS. Annunziata in Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment