My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Denmark Marks Centenary of the Danish Derby

To mark the 100th anniversary of the inauguration of Copenhagen Racecourse, as well as the 100th Danish Derby, Post Danmark is issuing two stamps featuring motifs from the famous track, set on the edge of the Deer Park north of Copenhagen.

The motifs are based on photographs by Henrik Petit. The stamps were designed by Post Danmark Stamps and are produced in a combination of intaglio and offset. The engraver was Martin Morck.

No comments:

Post a Comment