The 90 Paisa stamp represents Terracotta “Buff Earthware from Iran against Mauve colour background.
The format of all the stamps is Horizontal. The word “Pakistan” in Urdu and English are shown in reverse ix bottom left corner, while the denominations 20 Paisa, 65 Paisa and 90 Paisa appears in reverse on bottom right corner. “Postage” is printed vertically on left in reverse. The name of the country that is Turkey, Pakistan and Iran is printed in Black on right side margin on 20p 65P & 90P stamps respectively. The captions “13th Anniversary RCD” appears in blue in 20 paisa stamp, yellow in 65 paisa stamps and in red in 90 Paisa stamps.
The Regional Cooperation for Development (RCD) is a tripartite arrangement among Iran, Pakistan and Turkey aimed at closer economic, technical and cultural cooperation. Its main objectives are to promote economic advancement and welfare of over 140 million people of the Region and further strengthen the existing ties of brotherhood among the three nations. Over the years R.C.D. has developed a wide range of activities. Thirteen joint venture projects have already gone into pro-duction while another twenty have been approved in principle. Recently, a joint Survey Team has carried out a survey of four major industries of the region with a view to identifying areas for further collaboration.
A protocol regarding the establishment of the R.C.D. Free Trade Area has also been signed at Tehran on 12th March, 1977.
Inter—regional post, telegraph arid telephone rates have been reduced. The RCD Highway linking the three countries is nearing completion. The Iranian and Turkish railway systems have been linked and the Iranian and Pakistani systems will join by 1980. R.C.D. Shipping Services are in operation and the three national airlines are engaged in useful co1laboration. Under the R.CD. Cultural Exchange Programme, artists, scholars, journalists, eminent personalities and representatives of Women’s Organization have visited the member countries. The R.C.D. Cultural Institute in Tehran and its branches in Islamabad and Istanbul have issued more than fifty four publications on the history, language and culture of the Region. Taking into consideration the desire of the people to develop and strengthen the cultural and economic relation between the R.CID. countries and convinced that there are great opportunities to develop Postal Services for the benefit of the people in the region, ‘South and West Asia Postal Unions has been formed by the three R.C.D. countries as its founder members on the 27th April, 1977 with its Headquarters at Tehran. It has also been decided to hold R.C.D. Philatelic Exhibitions on each anniver-sary of R.C.D. in the three countries by rotation. The first R.C.D. Philatelic Exhibition known as R.C.D. PEX-76”, was accordingly held at Karachi from 21-25 July, 1976.
The 2nd R.C.D. Philatelic Exhibition to be known as R.C.D. ”Istanbul 77” Stamp Exhibition is scheduled to be held from 21-31 July 1977 in Turkey.
In order to mark the thirteenth anniversary of RIC.D. Pakistan Post Office alongwith the two other countries is issuing a set of three stamps. The subject for the stamps is “Terracotta” and each stamp depicts a specimen from one of the three countries.
The term “Terracotta” in archaeology denotes the baked or fired clay or earth mixed with sand used for statues, figurines, toys, vases and the like.
1. TERRACOTTA BULLOCK CART FROM MOENJODARO, PAKISTAN.
The Terracotta bullock cart unearthed from Moenjodaro (2500 - 1800 BC) is One of the best toys from the great Indus valley civilization. It consists of a Cart frame, two hubbed wheels fixed with wooden axle and two tiny bulls. The toy cart is dis-played in the National Museum of Pakistan, Karachi.
2. THE BUFF EARTHWARE, IRAN.
The buff earthware, Tea-pot shaped, with red brown decoration, belonging to 1800 - 1000 BC, was found in a necropolis of Sialk Hill near Kashan. The earthware is kept in Bastan Museum in Tehran.
3. HUMAN FACED VASE, TURKEY.
Human faced vase, belonging to the later Colony period (18th Millennium BC) is kept in the Museum of Anatolian Civilization, Ankara. It was found in Kiltepe near Kayzari and is 6.2 cm. high.